Books as Medicineby: Caroline Hand //// April 28, 2021
Books and words can be a healing balm to the soul. They can bring our minds to places of peace and joy. They can help us to love and know which way to go. Below is a compilation of possible feelings and situations and their matching book. 🙂 These are my favorites…so far!
- If you’re feeling a bit lonely and would like a quirky book to keep you company… The Complete Fairy Tales by George MacDonald might be a good read for you.
- If you’re wanting to believe God is truly working all things for your good… Hinds’ Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard is a good place to start.
- If you’re feeling affected by America’s current culture of fear and need a break from the heaviness… Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen will help bring you a happier mentality.
- If you’re feeling just a little too sensitive to others’ opinions… check out Persuasion by Jane Austen.
- If you’re searching for hope in odd places and want to expand your imagination read (or reread!)… The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.
- If you’re craving to experience a novel that will be like eating a bar of chocolate, rich and pure and poetic, go ahead and savor… Seven Sacred Pauses by Macrina Wiederkehr.
- If you’re in the mood to learn a little something… In the Name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen is a good one.
- If you’re wanting to slow down and appreciate the life around you, maybe look into Letters by a Modern Mystic by Frank Laubach.
- If you’re wanting your kids (or yourself!) to know their value… You are Special by Max Lucado is a must.
- Lastly, if you’re just not a book person & want to be touched by the love, power, and humility of Jesus… watch The Chosen.